"Halo, Wan Chai!" - Discovering the stories and culture of Wan Chai with Creativity and Innovation!
"Halo, Wan Chai" is a 1-month long social innovation experiment, gathering local youth, creative entrepreneurs and cultural institutions to uncover urban legends and reimagine the local culture of Wan Chai. Youth will have a chance to co-create an innovative project or event featuring the local culture and community around Halloween time!
Organiser: Social Enterprise Summit (SES)
Co-organisers: Social Ventures Hong Kong (SVhk), Creative Beings @ Sham Shui Po
Sponsor: Home and Youth Affairs Bureau
This programme offers one weekend (Sep 17 to 18) of social innovation training, including a community tour, dialogues with community members and changemakers across sectors, as well as the application of innovative mindsets and tools to solve issues in the community. It is then followed by a one-month long incubation period, for youth to work together as a group to develop and prepare for a project or an event experience to be held in the week of Halloween, with the support from trainers and HKD 10,000 incubation fee to execute their idea.
Application Deadline: Sep 9, 2022 12:00 noon
Online Interview: Sep 12-13, 2022
Programme period: Sep 17, 2022 to End of Oct 2022
Language: Conducted primarily in Cantonese
Eligibility for participation
- Age 18 to 28
- Passionate about cultural revitalization, creative entrepreneurship and social innovation
- Creative background or experience preferred
- Can apply as an individual or a group, and be willing to collaborate with other participants on the programme
- Can complete the whole programme and participate in relevant events
- Submit the online application form with the required information filled in, on: https://forms.gle/FdxTbvujsxoDGSCN9
- Shortlisted applicants will be offered an interview opportunity (conducted online)
- Selected participants will be notified after the interview