Irene is a Partner of KPMG China specializing in providing audit and ESG advisory for multinational companies and venture backed companies.
She has extensive experience in working with emerging growth companies and leading audit, Hong Kong and US IPO engagements. The industry sectors of her current and past clients include biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, medical equipment, fintech, consumer markets, e-commerce, software, semiconductors and telecommunications.
Irene serves on ESG reporting and advisory projects and co-leads the ESG reporting team in Hong Kong to support clients on ESG reporting and assurance, sustainable finance, and ESG impact measurement and improvement.
Irene is also involved advisory projects and thought leadership publications that relates to entrepreneurship, technology and innovation development, and social and economic impact assessment.
Irene serves on the boards or committees of several NGOs and government/statutory bodies in Hong Kong including WWF Hong Kong, Bring Me a Book, and is a member of Innovation and Technology Venture Fund Advisory Committee and the Financial Review Panel of the Financial Reporting Council.
• Chair of Finance Committee and Member of Executive Committee, World Wide Fund for Nature Hong Kong (since 2012)
• Director, The Applied Research Council, The Government of HKSAR (HKSAR) (since 2017)
• Member of the Innovation and Technology Venture Fund Advisory Committee, Innovation and Technology Commission, HKSAR (since 2021)
• Member of the Financial Review Panel, Financial Reporting Council, Hong Kong (since 2021)
• Co-Chair, Hong Kong Chapter of Women Corporate Directors (WCD) (since 2020)